THE BUMPER BIRTHDAY ISSUE
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear Be-ecks, happy birthday to me! Here's a slice of cake for you...
- I'm no Beatles fan, but in LEGO form wishing me happy birthday, they're too cute!
- Mr Big and I are having a special birthday dinner at a Himalayan restaurant tonight. Here's a run-down of the cuisine and culture. Apparently, they find double-dipping offensive. They'd appreciate that Seinfeld episode, then.
- How to make balloon animals. I've always wanted to learn. : )
- A greeting card that's more than a little bit me...
- On my birthday wishlist: icecream desk lamp. Calorie-free goodness.
- The Australian Ballet tries their hand at spruiking Romeo and Juliet-themed lipstick. Errrr... 'kay. It is a pretty shade.
- I could totally live here. Or it would make me sneeze. One of the two. You'd never be short of reading material though.
- The sexiest little snow globe ever.
- Er, hopefully my birthday won't happen like this one for Carrie. 'Course not, I'm not turning 35. : )
- Wasn't the editor in The Devil Wears Prada scary enough?
- It's so politically incorrect, but the Sixteen Candles drunk Long Duck Dong scene gets me every time. "Where is my automobile?"!!
- Super-blogger, Gala Darling, talks shoes on the Running with Heels blog.
- I'm not greedy or anything. This little cupcake'll do me.
- Stupid people + a touch of sarcasm + letters to newspaper editors = fun.
- Okay seriously for a second, I'm no fan of paedophiles, but this seems like a thought crime. Single men will be afraid to even sneeze in the direction of a child, let alone show them any acts of kindness. Hmmm...
- You should, however, get put on a national register for sh*t like this. I don't remember Marilyn Monroe being (a) a drag queen or (b) a puppet. Times have changed, clearly.
- Everyone wants a slinky. Worth the price of admission for the naff jingle alone!
- Very exy for Etsy, but boots that make me wanna drink tequila should never be undervalued. Olé!
Reading: TV scripts of Firefly and Battlestar Galactica. A future career move?
Listening: Justin Timberlake's Future Sex/Love Sounds album on repeat.
Tasting: Mini guacamole tarts with mango and bruschettas at the weekend wedding, two-minute noodles, and spicy broad beans from Marie Claire magazine's free sample bag.
Loving: A friend clueing me into the dieting delight that is SlimPasta, the Alannah Hill shop girl jobs cropping up in Adelaide (pick me, pick me!), Ying and Alexis's supremely gorgeous wedding, making my own zine, birthday anticipation and fun-ness, landing a writing commission this week, the existence of something called a "snatch strap" *giggle*.
Awaiting: Travelling to Malaysia and Singapore for Ying and Alexis's wedding sequel in January, getting my '80s on at the Roxette concert, all the lovely soirees in the lead-up to Christmas, going on an op shop tour with friends and a few mums, my birthday parties!!!
And that's what's inspiring me this week. Off to blow out the candles. Toodle-oo!