Dear Carrie Diary...


Dear Carrie Diary,

I've experienced striking highs and lows these past couple of weeks...

High: Scoring a phone interview for the Westfield Insider dream job competition. The deal? Get paid $100,000 to shop and blog for a year. It's as if the gig were made for me!

Low: Getting told by my boss I must work five days a week again (rather than my current blissful four days), indefinitely.

High: After saying I'd prefer to take a year of leave without pay and concentrate on my writing rather than suffer through full-time, being offered back my current part-time arrangement, with a possible opportunity to get a promotion and work three days per week. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Low: Finding out I hadn't made the cut to the final 5 in the Westfield comp. Balls.

High: My On Your Bike, Adelaide! article was posted on the Glam Adelaide site. (It was unpaid, but still thrilling!) Take a peek and give it the thumbs up if you like it. : )

Oh, and you'll be frothing like a frappuccino at exciting additions to Becks and the City coming soon. Yes, I am a terrible, terrible tease.

6 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for checking out my blog. I'm following you back.

    Good luck on the promotion and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend! I'm a new follower.

    Nan
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopped by and glad I did!! following you now!!!Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  4. BECK/CARRIE,

    I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I LOVE THE WAY YOU WRITE, ITS FREAKIN FUNNY AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE COMPETITION, THERE ARE MANY MANY MORE TO COME :)
    IM GLAD I FOUND YA!

    LILI
    *NOW FOLLOWING YOU

    WWW.FASHIONHOUSENYC.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Up and downs for me too....I like your ups...Another up....Talking about you on my blog....And...Thumps up! Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys!

    @ Nan, Jessi and Twincerely, Olga -- thanks for visiting me here at Becks and the City. I am now following you all. : )

    @ Liliana -- I love the look of your blog so much -- so stylish and cool. : ) Can't wait to see more! Thanks for your kind compliments about my blog too.

    @ Frenchy from Le Chateau des Fleurs -- yay! This really made my day. It is definitely a high! Thanks heaps, Frenchy -- I am proudly displaying your button on my new "Press" tab at the top of my blog. Love it!

    xx
    Becks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...