Fabulous Fridays: 31 December 2010


Farewell, 2010, and hellooooo 2011. It's the final Fabulous Friday of the year and I've got some intriguing snippets to share with you...

  • I'm crushing on Victoria's Secret hair right now. My new signature do for 2011?
  • Okay, hair obsession #2 -- the faux bob. Adam has been vigorously campaigning for me to get the chop and sport a bob for months. Pity my hair is thick and curly and therefore wholly unsuited to a real bob. Enter the fake... PS this tutorial is on the new web site, Life.Styled., of former Madison magazine editor, Paula Joye. I've been eagerly awaiting its launch and now it's here!
  • A shout-out to this wonderful blog and accompanying book, How To Be an Everyday Philanthropist. Wicked -- in a very good way, and a brilliant book idea to boot.
  • Defunct celebrity board games. I'd like the Urkel one for my next birthday please. Want more? How about the War on Terror board game, complete with balaclava of evil? Thought so.
  • Interesting: Kristin Davis (Charlotte from Sex and the City) played a character with my name, Rebecca Douglas, in an awful-sounding movie, The Shaggy Dog.
  • The lashes I'll be rocking tonight -- Cosmic Chain Tokyo Lash.
  • Trialled our new Bananagrams game yesterday. Although nothing can ever take Scrabble's place in my heart, this comes close. Can be learnt in mere seconds and tons of fun!
  • Secret Diary of a Call Girl official site with episode guide, downloads etc. Can't get enough.
  • I'm thinking I may need to own this book. There's always room on my bookshelf for this sort of social experiment!

Latest loves...

Reading: Not much, but I've been blogging up a storm. There'll be some intriguing updates soon...
Listening: The latest Ministry of Sound Chillout Sessions album and "Handle with Care" and "End of the Line" by the Traveling Wilburys. Wonderful Christmas presents!
Tasting: Raspberries, Lindt chocolate, vegetarian lasagne, Christmas roast, water and lots of it.
Loving: Discovering the fairy cave on our day-trip to the local German village today, holidays with Adam to relax and explore together, Christmas time with family (barring quips I'm taking maternity leave in 2011 -- growl!), a gorgeous bounty of pressies, the story of a helicopter shuttling a stranded calf to safety in the US.
Awaiting: My jaw to unlock after months of stress-induced teeth grinding, tying up a few final wedding leftovers, owning a baby pink convertible (it could happen), a romantic getaway next week with Adam, New Year's celebrations tonight!

Have a spectacular, special, spicy New Year and see you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...