As another Fabulous Friday rolls in, I'm recovering from feeling tremendously blah yesterday and trying to coax myself to start a new article a magazine asked me to write 'on spec' (without promise of being published). It's about local writers. Should be fun. In the meantime, join me in some links...
- Excellent reasons to stop breeding immediately, in the style of blog and new TV show, Sh*t My Dad Says.
- Harbouring some childhood resentment about the hideous outfits you were shoehorned into as a child? Me too (pink tracksuit and gumboots on school photo day, I'm thinking of you). Vent here at My Mom Loves Chanel.
- Have you gotten a load of this month's cover for Cleo magazine? Smokin' hot!!
- Whilst I can't identify with "active," I can certainly get behind "lazy". Check out some lazy recipes for active people. This may help me on my quest to get unjiggly-with-it. I'm especially fancying those noodles and the tuna salad.
- I've always felt Johnny Depp and Robert Downey Jr were long-lost twins. Ditto Helen Hunt and Jodie Foster. Check out other celebrities separated at birth.
- This was pretty much my understanding of Star Wars as well. Episode IV explained. Finally!
- It's great to see I'm not alone in my stupidity when it comes to mishearing lyrics. My famous mistake with Eskimo Joe's "Black Fingernails, Red Wine"? Well, "All of us stand and point our fingers" became "I don't understand the point of fingers" in my mind. Fail.
- I bought this on sale from Country Road this week. It's such a rush when you've been picturing a great piece in your mind for ages and then it suddenly pops up at a reduced price!
- One in a million photographs. Rare sites, stunning colours, majestic animals, surprising moments...
In other exciting news, bentofabulous has awarded Becks and the City the Stylish Blogger Award!
Thanks so much, bento!
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
- Some of my favourite sayings and quotations are "Many a truth is said in jest," "I expect to pass through this life but once. Therefore, if there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for another human being, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again," and "If all you have is a hammer, every problem is a nail" (very useful advice for mediating disputes, that last one).
- I'm a Libran, and yes, I am fickle and indecisive, yet charming!
- My left pointer finger was accidentally slammed in a car door as a kid, resulting in a permanent line down that nail.
- I dislike Everybody Loves Raymond and Two and a Half Men with a passion. Is it me, or do they simply rely on demeaning women for cheap laughs?
- I like tomato sauce. A lot. I slather so much on my pies and pasties, I've been charged double in bakeries!
- The top five destinations on my travel wish list would be Denmark, New York, Paris, Greece and London.
- I've visited every capital city in Australia. My favourite is Melbourne, but Perth and Hobart were the biggest surprise packets -- much more fun than I'd anticipated.
- The Everyday Philanthropist. Brilliantest book idea and blog ever. I don't even care that I'm using pretend words!
- The Clothes Whisperer. What a gorgeous sight/site.
- Tales of Endearment by Natalie Joos. Vintage clothing blog featured in this month's Harper's Bazaar magazine. I can see why.
- Who's Your Editor? Currently undergoing a makeover and sure to return with more writing-related goodness than ever.
- The Globetrotting Gamine. Fellow writer shares her travels and tummy rumbles. Great stuff!
That's all for now. Tune in next time -- same Becks time, same Becks channel!