The Alannah Hill Challenge to put my name to some well-known magazine articles has progressed well this week.
Since update #1, I have:
- Added two more magazines to my guides, Women's Health & Fitness and Harper's Bazaar.
- Kept up my pitch-per-weekday rate (I'm a couple behind today due to being sick yesterday, but I'm confident I can catch up).
- Emailed my article and invoice to eBaylife and have SA Life interested in one of my pitches, pending how the finished article looks. Both of these publications are from my "First Magazines to Tackle" list, so I've nominated candidates at the right level, it seems.
- Pitched article ideas to Yen, Women's Health, Women's Health & Fitness, Virgin Blue Voyeur, Cosmo Bride and Shop Til You Drop.
- Been rejected by Yen, but it was one of those helpful, encouraging rejections, so I'll try again soon with a new idea.
While Vogue and Madison are not beating a path to my door yet, I'm feeling optimistic about my progress. A nice little Alannah Hill treat is firmly in my sights...