In this first week of January, I've taken a fair stab at writing full-time, intermingled with a lovely little holiday with Adam. We stayed overnight at the Jacob's Creek Retreat (aka Moorooroo Park) and it was just glorious -- time to explore, drink wine, visit the famous Maggie Beer farm shop and enjoy meals from fresh local produce. Back at home, I've prepared some links for you...
- I'm not opposed to a spot of museum-going, especially if we're dropping into these.
- Bag a bargain at Portero Luxury. This may be just what the designer doctor ordered!
- Yes, I'm a total ballet tragic and I hear a new movie is coming out, Black Swan. Digging the resurgence of dancer chic (as if it ever left).
- Not only is it Gaga, it's pink. And perfect. Do want.
- I'm temporarily morphing into a grandma to make some plum jam. Can't wait to try it!
- So we're clear, I have desperate, immediate need of an hilarious "Bless This House" cross-stitch. No, I haven't taken to tedious traditional tapestry. Check out Regretsy for this and more Etsy items to blow your mind.
- OMG, OMG, OMGGGGGGGGGGG!!! The Burlesque movie is HERE!
- I've endured lawyer jokes. Will I soon qualify to be offended by these?
- That's the sound of the girl... working on the chain... yeah yeah. Learn to crochet. It's on my bucket list.
- Although this was hyped quite a while ago now, this guy's a legend and the book is unputdownable -- One Red Paperclip.
So far with this writing lark, I'm not enjoying my mother's scoffs at the thought of writing professionally and insistence that I am unemployed. She even asked yesterday how Adam and I are managing financially. AFTER ONE WEEK. The debt collectors are sure to be knocking on our door any second. Totally.
Aside from this, I am pleased with my progress and my lists of magazines to tackle. I've fired off three query emails to magazines so far, with two more in the works today. Now to entice at least one of them to say yes!
Until next week...