Magazine Guide #16: Peppermint


Publication: Peppermint
How Often Does It Come Out: Quarterly
Distribution: National
Contributors vs Staff Writers:
A decent chance, considering the gorgeous, uncluttered new web site has a submissions page. Include brief details about yourself, why you're contacting the magazine, where you hail from, your background and what you can offer. Warning: "budgets are limited".
Target Audience:
Age: I reckon 18-35
Gender: Female
Interests: Fashion, sewing, art and craft, and beauty, all with a vintage-organic-ethical-environmental slant.
Topics and Themes:
Where do I begin? I'd never given this mag the time of day before, but I am totally enthralled now. Reasons to adore it include simple, stunning sewing patterns, and articles on a caravan that doubles as a vintage shop, one woman's six-month ban on buying new clothes, and an eco-mermaid. No, I'm not kidding!
Length of Features:
Generally 500-1,200 words.
Tone and Style of Writing:
Relaxed and colloquial without too much word-play. Interviews are the question-and-answer variety. A mixture of third- and first-person perspective is used and some articles employ case studies. Blogs and web site URLS are religiously cited. Breakout boxes and expert quotations have taken a vacation and are nowhere in sight.
About How Many Features:
Hard to tell short snippets from articles, but around 14.

6 comments:

  1. I followed you on Google, I hope you will follow me back.
    Thank you,
    Amee from www.madamedeals.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. following from TTBH, hope you can follow me back at Obstacles & Glories, thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy reading your magazine profiles Rebecca, they're very helpful. I hope all is going well with your writing/pitching etc. Your blog is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys,

    Thanks for coming to Becks and the City. I am now following you all back.

    It's good to hear that someone other than me finds the magazine profiles helpful Sophie. : ) By the way, I love the title picture on your blog -- the girl with the pink dress. Very pretty.

    xx
    Becks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Becks! Hope you are well and the pitching is going great xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sophie, it's going pretty well so far. I'm just hanging for some money to start flowing in -- mama needs a new pair of shoes! : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...