The Secret Influence of Cosmo


Blogger and yummy mummy Latorsha shares her secret affair with Cosmo magazine in this guest post...

Latorsha is the blogger of Life is Hard, Laugh Anyway, a place where she tries to remain optimistic by any means necessary, mostly laughter. She especially loves connecting with new people. On Twitter you can follow her at @AnOptimisticMom or contact her at AnOptimisticMom@gmail.com

Cosmo isn’t just for the singles...

Let me tell you Cosmopolitan isn’t just for singles. I’ve been married for nine years and a couple of years ago I became obsessed, I mean interested, in Cosmo magazine. It became so that I would find myself stalking the magazine aisle for the newest issue.

Secretly, I didn’t want anyone to know I was reading this magazine. You’ve seen their feature articles talking about topics related to sex, naughty tricks, and secret hot spots.

Yes, I am a married woman, but somehow the articles seemed to help me spice up my own bedroom. I know you think married women know exactly what to do, but I confess sometimes you gotta change it up!

Some of the headings that I took interest in over the summer are below.

July 2011 issue: The Sexy Confidence Men Can’t Resist

Sometimes we get caught up in routine and stop displaying the things that made us attractive, such as our confidence. We get so settled and content. Showing confidence not only makes a woman feel irresistible to her man, but for me, I feel more sexy and desirable. So essentially it leads to double the pleasure.

August 2011 issue: His 6 Secret Sex Spots

Who doesn’t love getting the scoop? Why guess when you can get the information from men who know what they like? Sure, I know you probably are thinking I should just ask my husband. Well, sure I can do that and I have done that, however that leaves little surprise impact, don’t you think? Kind of like wrapping your own Christmas presents.

September 2011 issue: Guys Answer Your Sexiest Sex Questions

This article brings it all together with a question and answer session. Absolutely love it! Many times women have the same questions, so you already know you are getting the good stuff you’ve been wondering about.

What a great way to secretly gather information, right?

My husband has even made comments about how the magazine has me a little more…..well, ummm……. Just pick up a copy and see for yourself. I have already said too much.

Just know Cosmo isn’t just for singles.

I feel like Latorsha every time I pick up any of the celebrity gossip magazines like FAMOUS -- it's a guilty pleasure. Do you have a secret or not-so-secret relationship with a glossy? Do tell...

10 comments:

  1. Becks!! Thanks so much for the opportunity to be in such great company! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! Yea Latorsha!! You go girl! I don't know how long it's been since I picked up a Cosmo! Well I guess it's before rescuing a pit bull and before blogging. Who has time to read a magazine anymore? From the looks of it, I better make some time and get reading!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to read Cosmo when i was real young but it didn't make sense until i was older and in relationships..i haven't read it recently but i do agree that they do have some awesome advice for a lot of areas in marriage! i am a sucker for glossy websites like people! Great topic Latorsha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might need to get back into my glossy mags. Looks like I'm missing out on some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do agree that is not just for the singles. The give nice tips to spice up the marriage :)! I should start reading it more often.

    Nice post :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I confess that I've never even once read the magazine. I guess I'd better pick it up because it sounds like it's full of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your comments! I do so enjoy reading them. ;)
    I can't tell you what to buy, but for a few dollars you never know what info you might get. And no Cosmo did not pay me any money to write this post...... I am just giving them a free sample. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Post! I used to love love love cosmo when I was not married, I renewed my subscription a month ago and I am so happy I did! Married girls totally need to "stay in the loop!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read a Cosmo in YEARS. Maybe it's time to pick one up again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for such a great post, Optimistic Mom.

    It's easy to forget that it's not just single girls who love a bit of lovin' advice. When you get married you don't just suddenly become boring (well, I try not to be, anyway).

    Cosmo really can be useful, not just a frivolous magazine, although it's plenty fun as well. : )

    Hope you're all having a great (steamy?) weekend!

    xx
    Becks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...