Query Letter: "SHOP Til You Drop" Magazine


I unsuccessfully pitched an article idea about funky, underground pop-up shops to fashion magazine, SHOP Til You Drop, mid-last year. I think while the concept was intriguing, I didn't explain in my email why they should pick me to write on it. See what you think. This is what I wrote...

I'm a freelance writer who's been published by magazines including Women's Health & Fitness and Cosmo Bride. Samples of my work are available on my blog, Becks and the City.

THE RISE OF POP-UP SHOPS

They come, they sell awesome goods, they retreat softly into the ether... pop-up shops (or "guerrilla stores") are becoming increasingly popular as a form of flash mob fashion. They add an air of cool, exclusivity and secrecy to the retail experience, the ultimate in fast fashion. Mimco is currently operating one in Regent Arcade, Adelaide, Ksubi has gotten in on the action in Melbourne and Sydney has been graced with the temporary presence of a 7 For All Mankind version, amongst countless others.

I'd like to write "The Rise of Pop-up Shops" for SHOP readers to learn how and why this trend has evolved and find out about upcoming pop-ups for high street and designer brands in their area.

Coming to 1,200 words, the article would be delivered within two weeks of hearing you're interested.

Yours sincerely,

Rebecca Douglas

What do you reckon? Where did I go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...