I've been dreaming of Paris lately, creating an ultimate wishlist themed on Sex and the City's final two episodes, An American Girl in Paris (parts une and deux). Soon, pretty city, soon!
I'd love to follow in Carrie Bradshaw's footsteps and visit:
- The Dior Store: Site of an embarrassing tumble and losing her namesake necklace, Carrie shops up a storm here to compensate. Sigh, wish I could do the same, but there's always window shopping!
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée Paris: Carrie stays with her Russian lover, Aleksandr, at this top-notch hotel before Mr Big sorta rescues her. It now offers a Sex and the City package, including daily continental breakfast for two, cosmopolitan cocktail, red Plaza Athénée umbrella and delicious cake offered in room upon arrival. All this starting from 3800 Euros, which when converted to Australian dollars roughly works out to holy shit!
- Eiffel Tower: Aleksandr's daughter may dismiss it as hideous once the evening light show kicks in, but how could I resist?
- Le Kong Restaurant: This ultra-chic restaurant is where Carrie lunches with the Russian's ex-wife, Juliet. Check out the futuristic web site.
- Ladurée Patisserie: Remember the scene with Carrie eating French pastries seated beside the sad-looking dog? This is the place. Check out the books, postcards and new beauty collection online.
- Galerie Nationale Du Jeu de Paume: Who didn't have a knot in their stomach watching Carrie wait for Petrovsky in the art gallery and miss her book party with her French fans? This is the spot, housing contemporary art exhibits.
- Pont des Arts: Romantic site of the final scene between Carrie and Big, this bridge would be another must-see. Here, Big tells Carrie that she's the one. Magic.
With any luck, the city of Paris will soon be avec Beck!