Wishing you high energy levels and low, flattering skirt lengths this week, not to mention a few fabulous links...
- I'm a card-carrying member of Team Aidan, but if ever a romantic scene would convince me Carrie belonged with Big, it would be this one. PS her pretzel necklace is cute.
- Did you flip through the gorgeously illustrated children's book, Animalia, as a kid? If not, do it now and browse Graeme Base's other efforts too.
- For the Harry Potter fans out there, it's finally arrived. Yes, you can now play real-life quidditch.
- Turkish delight ice cream. Hells yeah.
- Okay, I've ignored this whole media firestorm for a while, but now I'm wading in -- schoolboy Casey body slams a bully who's trying to pick a fight. He's been hailed as a hero, but was his response disproportionate? If you'd tried reasoning with the kid, telling a school counsellor etc and none of that had worked, perhaps fighting back is your best option.
- The Candyland blog shows an admirable dedication to all things pink. Respect.
- Adam's guilty Friday favourite -- reading what agony aunt, Bossy, dishes out to saddos in need of tough love. Compelling.
- I think my eyes just orgasmed after encountering the Cupcakes and Corsets blog. This one goes straight to my fave blog lists.
Listening: "Children" by Robert Miles, Rihanna's "S and M" and various CDs scrounged from the music store (Michael Jackson, Burlesque, Lady Gaga, The Pussycat Dolls and Katy Perry among them).
Tasting: Decaf iced coffee (= win), duck and cherry pie (= yummy) and Adam's chilli (= hole in the seat of my trousers).
Loving: The backstage glimpse of a fashion parade with makeover and personal styling session I won, the recent cold snap -- snuggling and hot chocolate weather again, the red Mad Men-style jumper and cute snow-bunny jumper I scored from Myer.
Awaiting: Our anniversary trip to Sydney, the verdict of my Witchery interview and trial, my delivery of sweet-smelling bath bombs and shampoos, tonight's 80s board game get-together, tomorrow night's masquerade party!
Toodle-oo til next time!